In 1845, Franz-Arnold Schmidt founded the company F. A. Schmidt. The business company is still located in the beautiful surroundings of the County of Berg, today. In the 2nd generation son Carl continued the business. Assembly tools, wire baskets and crinolines were manufactured. At that time deliveries took place by horse-drawn vehicles.
In 1908, the actual factory building was constructed by Gustav Schmidt, son of Carl Schmidt.
In 1932, the son, Franz-Arnold Schmidt (4th Generation), entered into business. From now on, high-quality saws and machine knives have been exported all over the world. Electricity has played an ever-increasing part in rising industrialization. So the factory-owned locomobile supplied electric power to the Morsbach district until an own transformer station was built.
Since 1966 Peter Schmidt leads the business in the 5th generation. Machinery was replaced and the offices and machine halls were adjusted to prepare the company for the worldwide challenge.
Markus Feldhoff (son-in-law of Peter Schmidt)
joined the company in 1999 and family tradition
is secured that way.
President (on the right)
Managing Director (on the left)
Over 150 years in family possession